Nano-Filtration Membrane For COD Reduction
Daily Effluent is generated around 300 KLD from Manufacturing of Optical Brightening Agent Chemical (OBA).
- Parameters of Effluent is COD 5000 ppm, BOD 1050 ppm, TDS 20000 ppm & TSS 110.
- Initially client set up Conventional ETP to treat generated effluent, but due to high TDS value, Biological treatment failed.
- Client have an effluent discharge limit to CETP in terms of parameters, Which is COD<1000 ppm,
- If COD is between 1000-3000 ppm, CETP will charge MEE Operating cost.
- If COD is >3000 ppm, CETP will charge INR 3 per liter charge.
- MEE (Multi Effective Evaporator) can be treat the effluent, but very expensive for total effluent.
- Nano filtration Membrane technology is one of the solution to treat this effluent to reduce COD to the desire limit with good amount of recovery.
- TSS, Turbidity and BOD needs to be control before feed the Effluent in the NF system.
- If it is not in control, Membrane will get chocked and need more frequent CIP to clean it and It will directly affect on life of Membrane.
Solution With Nano-Filtration Membrane Technology
- Client Equalize the effluent in Equalization tank, and effluent pass through filter press and directly feed in NF system through Bag Filter and Micron Cartridge Filter.
- Due to high TSS value, CIP frequency is once after 8 to 10 hours of operation
- Finally, the purpose of Effluent treatment is successful with NF System.
- Final concentration of NF System goes to MEE with minimum Quantity and operational cost is practically viable
|COD (ppm)||2,500||< 350|
|Plant Capacity||300 KLD||–|
|Membrane||TORAY make CSM NF||–|
Summary & Benefit
- Purpose fulfilled with Equalization follow by Filter Press Follow By Nano-Filtration Membrane Technology & MEE on NF Concentrate water.
- Easy to Handle compared to Conventional ETP.
- Less Manpower required compared to Conventional ETP.
- Best technology To Remove diverse MW Organic Mixtures which is cause the COD in effluent.
- Nano-Filtration Membranes are having Hydrophobic surface, which is antifouling in nature. That’s why it can easily remove surface chocking.
- 70% Cost Deduction in Operating Cost with NF System & MEE Combined, Compared to Only MEE.